Skinpress Rss

Friday, August 31, 2012

F6-1 Visa: Spouse Visa (updated September 2014)


The revised requirements for the F-6 Spouse Visa/Marriage Migrants were implemented on April 1, 2014. Please check the information below for more details (as stated in the website of the Korean embassy in the Philippines).

Revised Requirement 1 : Sponsoring a foreign spouse will be limited to once every five years.

1. Sponsorship will be prohibited if the sponsor(Korean national) has sponsored another foreign spouse in the past 5 years from the date of the visa application.

※ Re-sponsorship of the same foreign spouse within the past 5 years is allowed, as it is not considered "another foreign spouse".

2. However, the following cases are excluded from the number of sponsorships:

- If the sponsor does not sponsor a foreign spouse after marriage;
- If the visa application for a foreign spouse is disapproved;
- If the foreign spouse does not enter the Republic of Korea even after he/she is issued a visa.

Revised Requirement 2 : Income Requirement

1. A visa will only be issued if the income (before tax) of a sponsor meets the income requirement based on the number of household members announced annually by the Minister of Justice. The 2014 income requirement by the number of household members is as follows:

* Calculation of household size : If a sponsor does not have any family members living with him or her, the household size is considered to be a 2-person household (sponsor and marriage migrant). If the sponsor has immediate family members living with him/her represented on his or her resident registration, those immediate family members are included in the household size.

※ Immediate family: Sponsor's grandparents, parents, children, grandchildren (Brothers and sisters are not considered as immediate family members.)

* Categories of approved income : The total sum of earned income, business income, income from rental real estate, interest, dividends, and annuity from the past 1 year is approved as the sponsor's income. Other forms of income are excluded from the income calculation of the sponsor.

※ Freelancers who do not have a regular established labor contract, and people working in industries such as agriculture, forestry, livestock, or fisheries, are considered business income earners.

* Conversion of property into income : If a sponsor's annual income does not meet the requirement but he or she has property under his or her name, 5% of the property can be converted to the income of the sponsor. Property that is applicable for conversion into income includes deposits, insurance, stocks, bonds, and real estate. Property must be equivalent to more than 1 million won owned by the sponsor for at least 6 months.

※ In the case that debt exists, only 5% of the net property left after the debt is deducted from the sponsor's property can be converted into income.

* Use of family member's income, property : Even if a sponsor's income and the amount of property converted into income can't meet the requirement, the income and property of immediate family members living with the sponsor represented on the resident registration can be accepted as the income of the sponsor. In this case, the 「Application for the supplement of income requirement via family's income and property」 must be submitted.

* The responsibility of proving whether the income and/or property requirement is met lies with the sponsor. In principle, the evaluation of income requirements is determined based on the documents submitted with the visa application. Therefore, evidences proving that the sponsor or his or her family members' income and property meet the requirements should be submitted.

***Such income requirements are not applied if there are children born between the sponsor and his/her foreign spouse.

Revised Evaluation Criterion 3 : Requirement for Korean language capability (Requirement for communication capabilities between the Korean national and his/her foreign spouse)

1. Beginning April 1, 2014, a visa may not be issued if there is a communication problem between a married couple. In principle, a F-6 visa applicant (marriage migrant) should have a basic level of Korean speaking capabilities. However, if a marriage migrant can't speak Korean but the marriage migrant and his/her Korean spouse can communicate well with each other in a foreign language other than Korean, the F-6 visa can be issued.

2. A marriage migrant must submit one of the documents below at the time of visa application. However, in the case that a Korean language test cannot be conducted or there is no designated Korean language education institution in the country of the visa applicant, and the marriage migrant is unable to provide any one of the documents below, the reason must be briefly provided on the letter of sponsorship.

Certificate of TOPIK equivalent to Level 1 or higher

Certificate demonstrating the completion of a basic level of Korean language course in an education center designated by Ministry of Justice

Documents confirming the acquisition of a Korean language related degree in a university and/or graduate school

Documents proving that the marriage migrant is an ethnic Korean with foreign nationality.

Immigration records proving that the marriage migrant resided in Korea for a successive duration of a year or longer

3. If a sponsor can speak the mother tongue of his/her foreign spouse or there is a third foreign language that the sponsor and his/her foreign spouse use, the reason for how this language capability was acquired should be stated on the letter of sponsorship.

- In the case that a sponsor resided for a successive duration of a year or longer in a country where the mother tongue of his/her foreign spouse is used as an official language, or if the sponsor and the marriage migrant stayed for at least 1 year in a country where a third language is used, or if the sponsor is a naturalized Korean and the language of the country where the sponsor lived previously is the same language as the marriage migrant's mother tongue, the requirement for Korean language capability is considered to be met.

- In other cases, an interview or an investigation can be conducted in the process of evaluation in order to examine a sponsor or a marriage migrant's language capabilities.

*** The Korean language requirement is not applied if there are children born between a sponsor and his/her foreign spouse.

- Additionally, in order to minimize any disadvantages that an applicant can experience due to the revised evaluation criterion, an applicant that registers his/her marriage in Korea by March 31, 2014 will be exempt from the Korean language requirement until December 31, 2014.

※ If the marriage is registred prior to March 31, 2014, but a visa application is submitted on and after Jan. 1, 2015, the Korean language requirement will be applied.

- Those who complete the marriage registration in Korea by March 31, 2014 must write "marriage registration complete in Korea prior to March 31, 2014" in Category No 6.5.2 of the sponsorship letter.

Revised Evaluation Criterion 4 : Residency requirement

1. A sponsor must have a residential space where a marriage migrant can reside upon entering Korea. The space must be owned or rented under the name of the sponsor or a member of his/her immediate family living with him/her represented on the resident registration. Residency requirement is subject to evaluation based on the size, the number of rooms, and the number of people living in that space other than the sponsor.

2. In the case that the residential space is not considered an adequate space for a married couple to live, the visa application may be rejected, and photos of the residential space may be requested for submission and/or a visit to the residential space may be conducted during the process of evaluation.

Revised Evaluation Criterion 5 : 3-year lapse after naturalization through marriage

1. If a sponsor is a naturalized Korean through marriage with a Korean national, and it has not been 3 years since the sponsor acquired Korean nationality, sponsorship of a foreign spouse is not permitted.

2. However, if the sponsor acquired Korean nationality through falsified marriage (Article 6, Paragraph 2, Sub-paragraph 3 of the Nationality Act) or child rearing (Article 6, Paragraph 2, Sub-paragraph 4 of the Nationality Act), the time-lapse criterion is not applied.

The form of the sponsorship letter has been revised.

* The form of sponsorship letter that a Korean national uses to sponsor a foreign spouse has been revised. An applicant who applies for a F-6 visa on and after April a, 2014, must attach the revised sponsorship letter.

* Questions on the sponsorship letter must be answered based on objective facts. If answers to the questions are omitted, or the details of the relationships or marriage are unclear, the evaluation process for the application may be delayed or rejected.

* In particular, even if the marriage was through an international marriage broker, if falsified information regarding the relationship or introduction is submitted or forged documents are provided, the visa application may be disapproved and/or the sponsor may be penalized according to the relevant statute. Therefore, the sponsor must confirm that all answers given on the sponsorship form are true and correct. For further details, please refer to the sponsorship form.

Personal Details Form for marriage migrants has been newly created.

* A foreigner who applies for a marriage migrant visa (F-6) beginning April 1, 2014 must submit the personal details form for marriage migrants.

* Questions such as past entry records, whether a marriage migrant has changed his/her name before, and information pertaining to the foreigner's family are included in the form. The form must also be completed based on objective facts. Please note that if the answers to the questions are omitted and/or falsified information is provided on the form, the evaluation process for the application may be delayed or disapproved.

Details to note concerning the revised evaluation criteria for F-6 visa application

* Following the reinforcement of the evaluation criteria for F-6 visa applications, a foreign spouse may not be able to enter Korea even upon the registration of marriage. Therefore, when you(foreign spouse) decides to marry a korean spouse introduced through an international marriage broker, please ensure that the criteria required for F-6 visa application are met prior to marry.

* In particular, please be cautious of any brokers who advertise by saying it is possible to meet the conditions (ex: completion of the Korean language education course, etc.) required for the visa application in a short period of time after the marriage according to existing practices. Also, please note that if a visa application is disapproved after the marriage, there can be disadvantages such as the marriage migrant being unable to enter Korea.

Spouse Visa (F61) Requirements

(for other FOREIGNERS)

Required documents for apply for F61 visa:
1. Certificate of marriage relationship from Korea which was issued within 6 months (혼인관계증명서) - original
2. Marriage certificate from foreign spouse’s national government – original and copy
3. Korean spouse’s job certificate (재직증명서) - original
4. Korean spouse’s Korean passport copy and Korean ID copy
5. Documents that prove the financial capability of the latest 3 months in Korea. (재정입증 관련서류).  For example, the bank account book or bank statements in Korea.
6. The proof of residing place in Korea, such as 등기부등본 or 아파트 월세 계약서
7. Invitation letter from Korean spouse (초청장) – use the standard format provided by consulate
8. Guarantee letter issued by Korean spouse (신원보증서) – use the standard format provided by consulate
9. Applicant’s passport – original and copy
10. Colored passport photo (sized 35 x 45mm) – one piece
11. “Application for Visa” form

a. The F61 visa issued by consulate will be valid for a maximum 90 days as the period of stay.
b. The holder should apply for extension and the “Alien (Foreign) Registration Card” from the local immigration office in Korea.
c. In general, it takes 3 working days to issue the visa; however, it may take longer time to process when it is necessary.
d. Besides the above listed documents, the Consulate General/Embassy may request for more documents when it is necessary.

(for FILIPINO citizens marrying a Korean)

1. Application form
2. One passport sized colored photo (sized 35 x 45mm)
3. Passport  Original (valid for 6 more months from the application date)
4. Copy of Passport First Page
5. NSO Marriage Certificate Original
6. Korean Marriage History Original 혼인관계증명서  (issued in the past 3 months from the application date)
7. Original and Copy of NBI Clearance (issued in the past 3 months from the application date)
8. Original and Copy of CFO certificate

9. Original Medical Certificate of Filipino and Korean (issued in the past 6 months from the application date)

-For Korean, should be issued by Hospital or Public Health Center.

 For Filipino, should be typewritten/computerized with Hospital letter head, contact number and Physician’s signature.  Please check example of Physical Examination
10. Original Invitation Letter from Korean 초청장
        (should be in the specific format as required by the Embassy)
11. Guarantee Letter 신원보증서
        (should be in the specific format as required by the Embassy)
12. Korean Credit History Original
13. Korean’s Financial Document 
        (ex. Land title, Property contract of lease 등기부등본 or 아파트 월세 계약서, Bank Certificate 재정입증 관련서류  , Property Tax, Certificate of Employment 재직증명서, Income Tax Return, etc.)
14. Korean’s Police Clearance(issued in the past 3 months from the application date)
15. Original Certificate for Marriage Guidance Program (Korean)
16. Visa Fee : 1350Peso
* Processing time : 15 working days

Additional Document
* If you are introduced by agent legally registered under Korean Marriage Law
-Copy of Certificate of Business Registration
-Copy of Certificate  of Insurance Saving Fund
-Copy of Personal Contract between Korean and Agency
* If you are introduced by relative or friend
-Copy of any valid ID or Passport


Please be informed that F2-1 visa is no longer recognized as the SPOUSE Visa because the Korean Immigration Service is now issuing the F6-1 Visa as the new SPOUSE VISA. Although F2-1 visa and F6-1 visa are both termed as SPOUSE VISA for foreigners married to Koreans, F6-1 is considered friendlier to marriage immigrants. Why? 
  • F6-1 visa can no longer be cancelled by the sponsoring Korean spouse prior to the visa's expiration date. In some cases of abuse of foreigners married to Koreans, the marriage immigrant endures all the abuse just to stay LEGALLY in Korea because the former F2-1 visa was very dependent on the Korean spouse's sponsorship. The introduction of the new F6-1 visa protects the marriage immigrant from more abuse/threat due to fear of being deported out of Korea any time their Korean half felt like doing so.
  • F6-1 visa ALSO allows the foreign spouse to stay in Korea LEGALLY even if the marital life was cut short due to sudden death/disappearance of the Korean spouse. 
Although the F6-1 visa gives the marriage immigrant more breathing space when it comes to control of the sponsorship of their visa, please be reminded that the F6-1 Spouse Visa STILL has an expiration date and STILL needs to be renewed from time to time(Unlike the more convenient F-5 Permanent Resident Visa...F5-visa doesn't have an expiration date).  


«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 251   Newer›   Newest»
  • September 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM
    Paulie :

    Hi Cher,

    I just discovered your blog. You have a lot of great information!

    I wonder if you could answer a question for me. I'm a Canadian with an F5 visa. I will be getting married soon with my Filipina girlfriend and she will move to Korea. Do you know what type of marriage visa she can get (F2 or F6-1)? How long (difficult) is the process?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

  • September 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM

    @PAULIE: Unless you're a Korean citizen your Filipino wife will not be able to apply for the F2-1/F6-1 spouse visa(this visa is exclusive for spouses of Korean Nationals), from what I read she could possibly apply for the regular F2 Resident visa. If you want to know the details, you should call the immigration office at 1345 or visit the nearest immigration office at your place.

  • September 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    Anonymous :

    Cher is correct your wife will receive an F-2-3 (spouse of permanent resident) not the F-6-1.

  • October 13, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    Anonymous :

    hi im ruby,, im a korean citizen,, i legally devorce to my korean husband, but now i want to merried to pilipino, i want to ask you f wat are the best.. faster not expensive process to do dat merried, @ wat kind of visa he get thanks u so much

  • October 14, 2012 at 11:38 PM

    @anonymous: are you a korean citizen?what's your visa status?

  • October 16, 2012 at 12:26 AM
    Ann :

    Hi Che,

    can you please let me know if i need to change my passport name under my husband's??? since i will be having my cfo this month 2 days seminar will be on 27-28, suppose i have the certificate, i don't have visa yet. do i need to change my passport name to kim?? but in korea you will not be able to use their lastname right?? how to do?? pls can you give me an information?? pls send me an email to i really don't know what to do?? becuase if i get the certificate i need to wait for my nso since i just got married last oct.1,2012. if i file my visa do i need to change passport and attach my certificate before i could get sticker after the visa??

    thank you so much..

  • October 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    Inji :


    i am really confused, since i saw in cfo website that if you get that certificate you will need to change or reapply your passport..

  • October 16, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    ruby :

    yes miss ann korean citizen po,, pero legal po aqng devorce s dati qng asawang koreano,, ngaun po my bago po aq kinakasamang pinoy, gus2 q po sana mg pakasal, para maayus q din po ang visa,, gus2 q po malaman kng anu po yng mga dapat gawin ,, salamat po,

  • October 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM

    @ruby: better consult a lawyer because if you registered your first marriage at the philippine embassy in korea or in the philippines even if you got divorced you are still considered married to your ex-korean need to present your divorce papers in the philippine court and be granted confrimation of divorce in the philippines before you can legally get married in the philippines, if you plan to get married in korea to a filipino citizen you still need to report that marriage in the philippine embassy in the future so it's really best to consult a lawyer in your case

  • October 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

    @ruby: now after clearing the legal side of your divorce both in korea and in the philippines with a lawyer your future husband could apply for the new F6 visa sponsored by you as a korean citizen

  • October 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

    @ann/inji: best solution

    1.wait for the nso copy of your marriage certificate, youneed to present the nso copy of your marriage certificate at the korean embassy anyway so no short cut for that
    2. acquire your new passport that reflects your married name
    3.. attend cfo seminar and acquire certificate
    4. then apply for your korean spouse visa

    p.s. even if korean law doesn't recognize women using their husband's family name your foreign resident id will reflect the name in your passport anyway, later on when you apply for korean citizenship you can also use yoru husband's family name by filing a petition in court

  • October 17, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    Inji :

    another question what if i am pregnant??? will they deny my visa if my medical last time i'm not pregnant, do i need to secure a new medical or just let it be and go to the embassy and apply spouse visa and inform them that i am pregnant???
    thank you so much cher... :)hope to know more information from you.. :) take care and godbless!!

  • October 18, 2012 at 7:18 PM

    @Inji : The Korean embassy doesn't require applicants to inform them if they are pregnant or I dont see the reason to do so. But if it worries you then all you have to do is get a medical certificate from your obgyne, and if the embassy asks for it you will be ready to present the certificate if ever.

  • October 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM

    @Inji: besides if you will travel and you are pregnant you will have to present a medical certificate to airline staff to ensure that you are safe to travel

  • October 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM
    Inji :

    Thank you so much for replying... it really helps me a lot about my worries to get there.. i am really sad that there are a lot of illegal things happening and i can't blame them, but such things affect my relationship... means i need to prove that my relationship with my husband is real..i am really having a hard time, even though i already got some of the documents from my husband it still make me worry since they are asking a lot of things, just so good i have proofs.. Cher how is Korea to you?? i am happy i was married with my husband but i'm a bit worried about my career there...I'm nurse but i don't have license and my previous job was call center agent... i taught some kids and even matured person thru online in BF Paranque but it was not enough experience to put it in my resume.. Cher i have your babies.. it's good that they look healthy and happy, reading your blog really helps me a lot.. i really hope you can still continue helping other Filipina like me, since i am studying and reviewing many possiblities of how i can get to know more about KOREA... hope i can email you and be your friend.. Goodluck Cher!!! I will continue getting in touch with you...

  • December 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM

    hi there cher im jam,
    im married with korean but were staying in philippines since hes working here..but now he decided to move in korea. we already have baby so im concern about the requirements my baby will be needing to go to korea.
    thanks . ^^

  • December 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

    @juvy kim: tell your husband to acquire your child's korean passport at the korean embassy in the philippines, that's the only requirement you will need....i'm trying to put a post on this matter check my blog later on

  • December 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM

    thanks answering cher...anyway, my baby is not yet registered in korea since were still waiting for the original NSO it ok to get his passport in korean embassy still???. one more thing, what is CFO by the way and where can i get it?..

  • December 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM

    @juvy kim: register your baby in korea first then acquire the korean passport, i also advise you to acquire the baby's philippine passport as well so you don't have to get a philippine visa and your baby is considered a dual citizen anyway. CFO seminar is a seminar required by the philippine government for any filipino citizen marrying a foreigner and is planning to live abroad iwth their spouse, check DFA for this seminar

  • December 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM

    thanks so much for the info're such a great help.. take care always ^^

  • January 8, 2013 at 1:41 AM

    Hi cher,
    what if u want to divorce your korean husband kc binubugbug ka. Pero ayaw nya pumayag. Papanu papalitan ung dating f2-1 visa ng f6 if ayaw ng husband mo. Pwede ba nyaku pa deport pag tinakasan ku xa sa korea?

  • January 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM

    @bebe: you have to ask for help from your local multicultural family center they will guide you with the process of divorce(they will help you get a lawyyer if necessary) and they will also help you fix your visa

  • January 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM

    @bebe: the new ruling on f6-1 visa will allow you to stay in korea even if your husband refuses to help you renew your sure to get help from damunhwa center

  • January 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi Cher,

    im a filipina married to us army, nasa korea cya ngayon and he wants me to be there. i just want to ask about the procedures and requirements needed.

    Thank you :)

  • January 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM

    @anonymous; please check the requirements for your korean visa below

    - Invitation Letter notarized in Korea (original)
    - Photocopy of Invitor’s Military ID and/or passport photocopy of first page
    - Photocopy of Military Order
    - NSO Marriage Certificate (photocopy)
    - USFK Form 166
    - CFO Certificate

    You have to apply for your korean visa at the Korean embassy in the Philippines if you are in the Philippines

  • January 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    Anonymous :

    I am an Australian man married to a Korean girl, we are married in Australia and have planned to marry in Korea in Oct this year, we are looking to go to Korea and live for a while. i am sure that the F6 visa is ideal for me. I am wondering how long the process would take from Australia

  • January 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM

    Hi Cher
    I just received my f6 visa from the consulate in Canada (I'm Canadian). It's only valid for 90 days. I have to get an ARC card when I return to Korea. What's the process for that? Is it possible to get refused?

  • January 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    Anonymous :

    hi im a filipina divorce to a korean guy but im not yet korean citizen we have i have any other possibilities to get visa?

  • January 20, 2013 at 5:04 AM
    Anonymous :

    hi F6 visa hawak ko but wla nko s asawa ko pinalayas nia kc ako b4 that nag undergo kmi s counceling dhil hndi kmi magksundo, kya nung pinalayas nia ako humingi ako ng help s center at dinala s shelter after 1momth nirelease nko ng shelter at pinabalik s center para mkpag usap s asawa ko pero hindi nko bmlik s kanya khit n ano gawin nia at ayaw din nmn nia mkipag divorce kaya nirelease n din ako ng center nasasaakin n daw kng uwi ako ng pinas or stay p sa korea... ask ko sna if hndi nb tlga pede ipacancel ng asawa ko F6 visa ko? worried kc ako bka pinacancel n nia un at illegal nko dito tnx po

  • January 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM

    @anonymous: if you have a baby and your baby is a registered Korean citizen you can still get a valid visa to stay in Korea specially if you are the legal guardian of your child.

  • January 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

    @anonymous: yes, if you have f6 visa your husband cannot cancel your visa, so as long as your F6 visa is valid and not expired you can stay in Korea. However, upon expiration you probably need to go back home because you won't have a sponsor for your visa anymore....better check with the immigration office for direct information

  • January 23, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    Anonymous :

    can you help me I marry korean guy but my visa was denied because according to them my medical certificate is fake thats why I make complain to the hospital and the medical director send letter of explanation to proved that my medical is not fake and it is just thier fault bt still they didnt accept it and I can apply again after six month what can I do..thanks for your advice

  • January 24, 2013 at 1:21 AM
    Anonymous :

    Hello Ms. Cher,

    F2 VISA holder po ako. Mag 3 years na rin po ako sa Korea this coming December. May 2 anak kami ng Korean hubby ko. Tanong ko po kapag naexpired na po ba ang VISA ko pwedena akong magapply ng F5VISA(permanent resident).

    Have a nice day^^

  • January 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM

    @anonymous: i guess you have to wait 6 months until you can reapply again. maybe the embassy had their reasons why your visa was denied. just try again.

  • January 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

    @anonymous; you don't need to wait for your f2-1 visa to expire before you apply for f5 visa as long as you completed the required period of stay you can apply right away

  • January 28, 2013 at 12:09 AM

    Hi Cher: May I just ask if there is a possibility to know if an applicant has already recieved her GCC? A certificate after completing required requirements and seminars at the CFO? Thanks..I would really appreciate if you can help me..

  • February 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    Anonymous :

    Hi cher

    Balo po ako ng korea.f6 visa lang po ang visa ko sa ngayon.pwede ko po bang mainvite ang family ko para magtour dito sa korea? Dati po kasi asawa ko nag invite noong buhay pa sya..masami pong salamat

  • February 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    Anonymous :

    Hi Cher!

    Please help me! Married po ako s korean at 5 years n po dto s korea. F2-1 visa po ang naibigay skn last 2008 den renew renew nlang po. Etong huli ko pong renew is Dec 2011. Sinusulatan lang po nila likod ng F2-1card ko kung hanggang kelan expiration. Paano po ang gagawin ko para maging F6 ang visa ko? Kailangan ba mag submit pa po uli ng requirements gaya ng nsa taas? Please help me

  • February 15, 2013 at 10:44 PM

    @anonymous: possible ata na mainvite mo ang family mo pero since wala na ang asawa mo better ask the immigration to be sure ksi nkdepend sa husband ang invitation ng visa ng family eh

  • February 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM

    @anonymous: yes, all you have to do is to submit the requirements for f6 visa the next time you renew your f2-1 visa or the next time you visit the immigration office

  • February 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM

    hi there:
    i have a question about the F6 visa process. my wife-to-be and i can get everything needed on this page, but the job certificate is a problem, because she's a freelance worker and has done contract jobs for as long as i can remember.

    do you have any idea what can be done about this? i know that a job certificate is needed, but she simply doesn't have one. is there a way around this? wondering.

    i lived here for many, many years as an english teacher, but just came back to marry her on a tourist visa.

    please advise,

  • February 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    Anonymous :

    Good day!

    I am about to go back in Philippines to apply the F-6 visa as we called here the local embassy in gyeongsan as I have my tourist visa for 90 days here in my husband's place and we are already renting our own apartment nearby his workplace. I would like to ask for a sample to please attached a WORD or pdf format of the guarantee and invitation letters of your required specific format. Because I have been searching all over the sitres and no one can give an example except for HWP format. PLease let me know and kindly do so for a PDF format attached of two letters. thank you.

  • March 3, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    Anonymous :

    anneong haseo! just like to ask if my parents-in-law could be my sponsor for my f6-1 visa when i apply to Philippines. i mean their financial documentswise.... and as the guarantee letter has also to be signed by them?? please help me clear this thing so my visa application will be accurate. because i think my husband cannot make it for financial status as he is starting to work only now . im worried but im seeing the option of parents-in-law? pls help. thanks

  • March 3, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    Gia :

    Good day cher,
    i have quiries about my current situation. I am holding an F6-1visa. Nov.2011,with my husband concent i gave birth to our first born,a boy in the Philippines. Because during that time my husband had a big business problem. He made a statement to bring the baby months after his birth. Unfortunately, nothing good happened to his business. Since then he is been in the house the whole day long. Financially he is unstable. The only property he is hoping to acquire is the house and lot they lived in with his mother. I visit them once in awhile since i moved to seoul because of my job. I am the one supporting our child' need in Phil. I want to bring our baby here for the security of my stay. but he says not now.(i knew my husband so well.he lied so much) by the way i am done with the childs registration here.all am after is his korean passport but i was advised that only the father has the right to apply for it. I am worried right now because my mother in law is deteriorating. What if she dies and he will take everything and run away.i heard him saying he will live somewhere far if mama died. I am not after of his money but our child's right being a korean. He knew to himself that the boy is his.But i he is just afraid of the responsibility and he listens to no one after all. Is there anyway i can ask for help regarding my child's right to become korean? Please help me... More power to your site... MAY GOD BLESS US ALL!

  • March 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

    @dj: im sorry i have no idea, maybe you can enumerate the jobs that your wife has done and the company she has worked for and explain that she is a freelancer, you should show evidence that she really worked at that certain place

  • March 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

    @anonymous: i dont know what kind of invitation letter sample youa re looking for, is you are referring to the tourist visa invitation letter you can get a sample here

    if this is not what you're looking for you better go directly to the immigration office and get the invitation letter form there (there's a different form for f6 visa appalication)

    *p.s. you asked for a sample but you didnt even leave your email address, how on earth will i send it to you?

  • March 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM

    @anonymous: i'm afraid your parents-in-law cannot sponsor your visa, only your husband can do so regardless of how much he is earning right now or if he just started work. if you are registered as your husband's wife, only your husband can sign the guarantee letter.

  • March 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM

    @anonymous: please check this link

    and you can check the following as well:

    (for child of Korean & Filipino parents, born in the Philippines)
    *The Filipino husband/wife must be registered in the Marriage History of the Korean wife/husband

    Requirements & Procedure:

    1. The Filipino should send to his/her Korean spouse the original Birth Certificate of their child,
    issued from the National Statistics Office (NSO).
    2 The Korean should translate the Birth Certificate of his/her child from English to Korean.
    3. The Korean should submit the Birth Certificate from NSO, Korean translation and passport
    photocopy of both parents (or any valid ID of the Filipino) to the City Hall in Korea.

    Processing: 3 days (in KOrea)
    Fee: Gratis

    (for child of Korean & Filipino parents, born in the Philippines)


    1. Application Form for Passport
    2. 2 pieces passport-sized colored pictures
    – 3.5mm x 4.5mm
    – white background
    – must show the full frontal facial image of the child. both ears and the shoulders must be visible
    3. Photocopy of the Birth Certificate from NSO
    4. Passport photocopy of both parents
    5. Baby’s Basic Certificate (Gibonjungmyeongso: Korean pronounciation) – 1 photocopy
    6. Father or Mother’s Seal Certificate (Inkamjungmyeongso: Korean pronounciation) – 1 photocopy
    7. Authorization from Korean father or mother to allow the Filipino wife/husband to apply for Korean
    passport of their child. It should be in Korean characters. (Yeokwon Balgup Dong Uyseo: Korean
    * Note: The Korean father/mother should include the following information on his/her Authorization
    – name of child
    – date of birth of child
    – name of Korean father/mother
    – date of birth of Korean father/mother
    – request of Korean father/mother to issue paasport to his/her child
    – signature of Korean father/mother & the date of signing the letter

    Fees: for electronic passport valid for 5 years – PHP1750.00
    Processing: 2 weeks

    Fees: for 1 year regualr passport -PHP 750.00
    Processing: 3 days

    Fees: for Travel Certificate valid for 1 month – PHP 350.00
    Processing: 1 day

    *Notice: After the Korean passport has been issued, there’s a need to apply for the necessary visa from the Philippine Immigration

  • March 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM

    @anonymous: unless you can find a way to get your husband's authorization for the child's korean passport im afraid there's no way you can get it

  • March 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    Anonymous :

    hi! can i ask and need ko ng advice please, ganito kc nakatira kami sa pinas at may business dun..pero hanngang sa nagdecide ako na iwanan n asawa ko,,then bumalik ako dito sa korea alone at hindi niya alam, maybe siguro ngaun may idea n xa! f6-1 visa ako ngaun at hanggang august ang expiration date niya.. ask ko lng pwede b ako n kahit ako lng ang pwedeng magparenew ng visa ko khit wla un asawa ko. kc i heard one of my friend na xa lng daw nag extend ng visa niya without her husband..i dont know kun totoo b un? at ask ko rin kc nga iniwan ko n husband ko so may posiblities ba na maipacancel niya ang visa ko? at paano nmn kun mkipagdivorce n ako anong dapt kong gawin? salamat sana po masagot ang aking katanungan...thanks and more power.

  • March 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM

    @anonymous: as a filipino citizen you dont have the right to file for divorce because the philippines has no divorce law, only your korean citizen husband can file for divorce in KOREA. after having the divorced approved in Korea you can get a copy of the ruling and file it for recognition in the Philippines

  • March 20, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    Anonymous :

    I just renew my f2 visa to f6 visa last year(october2012)
    Im just wondering if i can apply for resident visa
    Even though my f6 is still okay? I already have a baby boy he's already 15 months.
    What are the papers or docunents that I need for applying resident visa or f5 visa

  • April 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    jenjen :

    have a good day po! im married 5 years husband is korean.hanggng ngaun renew lng ang visa ko.ask ko po dati po ay f-2-1 visa ko.kakabalik ko lng po korea 5months po ko philippines.nkita ko po s pasport ko n f-6 n po.anu po ba meaning nung?possible po ba n maging korean citizen po visa ko?salamat po.sana msagot nyo mga tanung ko.have good day po!

  • May 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi Sis cher :)

    I am Yumi, Sis pregnant ako now 5 months na. I have a korean boyfriend and We will get married here in Philippines thru Civil way muna sis. Sis after ng kasal ba namin, dpat pa ba bumalik ang husband ko sa korea para iregister yung kasal namin dun sa city hall sa korea? kse sis. gsto ko sana after kasal iprocess ko cfo ko sis. Sa pagprocess ba ng cfo sis, I dont need to renew my passport na yung status ko is married and yung apilyido ko is same lang din kse, okay naman na d palitan dba? kase bago ko lang nakuha passport ko wala pa namang 5 years. Sis gsto ko sana after ko maprocess cfo ko, sabay na kmi ng hubby ko na pumunta ng korean embassy at mag.apply together sis kase baka dami pa tanong eh. and sis yung medical certificate pla pwede dto nlng ako magpa.examine sa Iloilo Mission Hospital? kas taga iloilo ako eh.

    and sis san ba pwede kunin ni hubby yung original korean marriage history? sa korea?
    at yung certificate of marriage guidance program sa korea din ba?
    pwede bang kunin yun before kmi ikasal kase before kmi ikasal dalhin nya na lahat ng papers dto sa pinas . after kasal, process kaagad kmi spouse visa and cfo sis.

    please send me a reply in my email sis. Eto oh :

    yahoo mail ko yan sis :) thanks .

  • May 31, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    Anonymous :

    hi.. hope you can help me with my problem. i was married to a korean and live in korea but our relationship went wrong. we have 2 kids. my husband and i always figth so i leave the house and stay away from him for less that 2 years. my visa expire but i stay there as illegal until the day the immigration caught and deport me in philippines. my concern now is my kids how can i see them again. my husband dont want me to talk to my kids.

  • June 1, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    Peace :

    Hi ,
    i am living in korea since years and i married a korean woman and now it has been 5 years completed to our marriage . i have F-6 visa and now i want apply for F-5 but i don't have 3 Crore won[3 천만원] .
    is there any other way for applying F-5 without [3 천만원] ?
    can i apply F-5 with my company documents etc... ?

    and what is different between F-6 and F6-1 ?

    any help would be greatly appreciated .

    Thanks in Advance .

  • June 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    Angel :

    Hi Cher! Your blog is really helpful.
    Maam cher, sana mabasa mo po ito.

    I will get tourist visa and go to korea miss cher. And mgpapakasal sa korea sa aking korean bf. Miss cher is it possible na maprocess spouse visa ko sa korea? i mean changed tourist to spouse visa? I want to change sana dyan nalang sa korea kasi im pregnant now. I still can travel but when i arrive korea mga 7-8 months na akong preggy, what should i present to the korean immigration to prove im pregnant and i cant travel go back to phil because its hard for me to travel ?

  • June 2, 2013 at 1:17 AM

    Yes you can apply for f5 visa

    F-5 VISA
    *F2-1 visa holders who have been married and lived in Korea continuously for more than 2 years.
    **Those whose Korean spouses are deceased or pronounced missing by the court.
    **Those who are divorced or separated from their Korean spouses and can prove that the blame lies with the Korean spouse in causing the end of marriage.
    **Those who are raising underage born with their Korean spouses regardless of whom the separation lies
    Application form
    Passport and Alien Registration Card
    Copy of spouse’s family registration (indicating fact of marriage or including foreign spouse’s name)
    Copy of spouse’s resident registration
    Documents establishing property relations or regular income…any of the following will do (bank certificate under the name of your Korean spouse worth 30 million won or more, copy of real estate registration, copy of house lease contract, certificate of employment of your Korean spouse, certificate of employment of the applicant)
    Letter of Guarantee ( by Korean spouse)
    Fees: 50,000 won

    more or less granted within 3 months after application.

    Calculation of your period of stay begins on the day of your alien registration. If you temporarily left Korea (for travel/emergency) during the 2 years, it will be deducted from your entire period of stay. (ex. 2 years – 6months out of Korea = 1 year and 6 months)

    A foreign spouse of a Korean national is free of any restrictions on the scope of employment activities and may work in Korea just like a Korean national can.

    There is no need to extend period of sojourn/stay.
    There is no need to apply for re-entry permit if you will return to Korea within a year after departure.If you plan to stay out of Korea for more than a year, you have to apply for a re-entry permit.
    You can vote in the local government elections after 3 years of possessing f-5 visa.
    There is no need to renounce your original nationality.
    You will be able to maintain your f-5 visa status even if you and your Korean spouse divorce.

  • June 2, 2013 at 1:19 AM

    Hi jen yes it's possible to apply for korean citizenship provided you have completed the required period of stay and you have completed the requirements

  • June 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM

    Hi yumi

    Yes your husband needs to register your marriage in korea. You dont need to change your passport if it's still valid but it i advise you to make the necessary amendment in your passport(you can ask dfa to put a note in your passport stating your NEW married name)so that your married name will reflect in your korean i.d. and if you apply for the citizenship later on you dont need to go to court to apply for change of name if you prefer to use your husband's family name

    if you will get married in the philippines you should have your nso certified marriage certificate first then your husband will bring a translated notarized copy of the marriage certificate to korea to register it in his dongsamuso or local office

  • June 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM

    for FILIPINO citizens marrying a Korean)

    1. Application form
    2. One passport sized colored photo (sized 35 x 45mm)
    3. Passport Original (valid for 6 more months from the application date)
    4. Copy of Passport First Page
    5. NSO Marriage Certificate Original
    6. Korean Marriage History Original 혼인관계증명서 (issued in the past 3 months from the application date)
    7. Original and Copy of NBI Clearance (issued in the past 3 months from the application date)
    8. Original and Copy of CFO certificate
    9. Original Medical Certificate of Filipino and Korean (issued in the past 6 months from the application date)
    -For Korean, should be issued by Hospital or Public Health Center.
    For Filipino, should be typewritten/computerized with Hospital letter head, contact number and Physician’s signature. Please check example of Physical Examination
    10. Original Invitation Letter from Korean 초청장
    (should be in the specific format as required by the Embassy)
    11. Guarantee Letter 신원보증서
    (should be in the specific format as required by the Embassy)
    12. Korean Credit History Original
    13. Korean’s Financial Document
    (ex. Land title, Property contract of lease 등기부등본 or 아파트 월세 계약서, Bank Certificate 재정입증 관련서류 , Property Tax, Certificate of Employment 재직증명서, Income Tax Return, etc.)
    14. Korean’s Police Clearance(issued in the past 3 months from the application date)
    15. Original Certificate for Marriage Guidance Program (Korean)
    16. Visa Fee : 1350Peso
    * Processing time : 15 working days

    Additional Document
    * If you are introduced by agent legally registered under Korean Marriage Law
    -Copy of Certificate of Business Registration
    -Copy of Certificate of Insurance Saving Fund
    -Copy of Personal Contract between Korean and Agency
    * If you are introduced by relative or friend
    -Copy of any valid ID or Passport

  • June 2, 2013 at 1:30 AM

    No idea about the marriage guidance requirement

  • June 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM

    You can try to apply for a tourist visa but i have no idea if you can be granted one....if you have a copy of your children's birth certificate, your old korean marriage certificate or family register .....these documents might help you get a visa to korea as well

  • June 2, 2013 at 1:36 AM

    You can show an employment certificate, your wife's employment certificate or your house contract/house register

    F6-1 visa is spouse visa...given to foreigners married to koreans

  • June 2, 2013 at 1:38 AM

    You can change from a tourist visa to spouse visa provided you have the necessary documents required by the immigration and you are legally married to your korean boyfriend

  • June 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    Angel :

    yes miss cher. Thank You for the info! ~

    So if i get married there would it be vaild in the phil? I was planning after getting married at The Korean City Hall i will Report it at the embassy. Would be my marriage be valid at Philippines?

  • June 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM

    As a filipino citizen married abroad you are required to report your marriage at the nearest embassy of the philippines...of course your marriage will be valid in the philippines and reflected in your legal documents

  • June 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM

    I got married in korea and i had my student visa at that time...from student visa changed to spouse visa...good luck

  • June 3, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    Angel :

    thank you so much maam cher~ ! More powers to your blog.:)

  • June 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM
    Mark Membrebe :

    Good day. First, thank you for this informative blog. I am holding an F6 visa and the poeple in my company are asking me if I can teach their kids. I know that private tutoring is illegal. My question is, how can I get the license to do privates? What are the requirements?
    Thank you :)

  • June 13, 2013 at 4:23 PM

    If one is interested in private tutoring, he must first register with the education and tax offices.

  • June 13, 2013 at 4:23 PM

    If one is interested in private tutoring, he must first register with the education and tax offices.

  • June 25, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    Anonymous :


    is it possible to get an F6 visa in Korea while only having a tourist visa?

  • June 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM

    hi i'm ashyl
    i have a f6-1 visa?..
    but im curios? if i can renewed my visa? myself
    because my husband and i are already seperated 1yr ago its a long story to tell.. but i really want to renewed it? can you advise me
    what the right thing to do?..

  • July 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM

    hi cher,
    im a fipilina,nsa pinas din ngayon.. Dati akong kasal dto sa Pinas n kasalukuyang nag papa annul now,then if evr na ok na papers ko matapos ang annulment ko... Balak ko makasal sa bago kong Boyfriend na korean,nagka anak kami dto ko sinilang ang anak namin sa pInas habang sya naiwan sa korea now... Ano ba ang pwd kong gawin after ng annulment ko,requirement na kailngan namin para maikasal at magka visa ako a korea,... pls help cher!!! tnx!!!

  • July 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM

    im a filipina citizen , F-6 visa holder. I would like to know if i do need to apply a tourist visa in order to go to
    other country for a trip.....
    Much appreciated if you could give me a revise since phil. Embassy is not ressponding my phone calls here in korea...
    Thanks a lot

  • July 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM

    @kim jovilyn: f6 visa in korea does not give you the same visa free entry benefit given to korean citizens. if the country that you will visit has a visa waiver program with the Philippines,then you probably don't need a visa. If not, you better apply for your tourist visa.

  • August 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi Cher@SurvivingKorea.
    Im aiko. Ive been married to my Korean husband for over 3 years now and have no baby yet. Id like to apply for an f5 visa (permanent residence visa) but i have some concerns.

    1. I dont have 3천만 원 show money. but i have time deposit savings less than 2천만 원 under my name.

    2. My husband is considered a `black listed` because his friend deceived him. therefore he cant use his name in any of documents including properties and bank accounts. in short, i have nothing to show under his name.

    3. I currently work for 2 english academies (hagwons).. but im not under any contracts and not registered either. so do u think i can get an employment certificate?

    4. I have regular income from 2 academies recorded on my 통장 (passbook). Can that be a proof of regular income?

    I find your blog so helpful but i think my case is rare and conplicated. i hope you can help me. thanks a lot.

  • August 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM


    1.the bank account under your name could be also be used.aside from that your house contract(rent or lease) is also possible
    2.if your husband owns your current place of residence,you can also use the house title.
    3.make a request from your academy to give you an employment certificate for visa purposes.
    4.photocopy the bank transactions/deposit from your academy to your account if the academy refuses to give you an employment certificate

  • August 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    Anonymous :

    Hi Cher@SurvivingKorea.
    I`m vinz, I overstayed in korea for 10 months until they caught and deported me here in the Phils.My korean girlfriend (divorced),plans to come here, for us to have marriage,and apply for F6-1 visa.I`m just curious about my overstayed record in korea,will it affects my visa application?And how long will I wait to lift my record so that I can have a F6 visa...thanks a

  • August 9, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    Johanna :

    Hi. My name is Johanna. I'm a Canadian citizen who will be going to Korea next week with E-5 visa for a job. My fiance is Mexican and Mexican citizen. We're planning to get married this December in Mexico and get our marriage license, certificate, etc all in Mexico. I want to bring my fiance back to Korea with me after our marriage. What kind of visa does he need? Can he apply for spouse visa since he will be my husband after our marriage? Also, since I'm going to be in Korea with a visa, (I'll be staying more than 1 year), what is the name of the exact visa would he need? I also want to do the invitation letter so that he can get his visa easily. He also has a history of getting deported in Canada to Mexico for over staying... Do you think Korea will issue him a spouse (dependent) visa?
    Thank you. Email me back to

  • August 15, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    Anonymous :

    Hi . I m married with Korean girl .. B4 my visa catogery is f2-1 but now I have F6-1 .. If I want go to my country how long possible to stay my country ..

  • August 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM

    @Johanna: I'm sorry but the spouse visa in Korea is only for foreigners married to KOREANS.You should contact the immigration office and ask if your husband could be qualified for the dependent visa(I'm not sure if it's F1 or F3 visa) for working visa holders in Korea.

  • This comment has been removed by the author.
  • August 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM

    I have no idea how long you could stay out of Korea...but if you end up staying out of Korea until your f6-1 visa expires you probably need to apply for a new one. One more thing under the F6-1 visa every time you stay out of Korea the number of days you spent out of Korea will be deducted to your valid period of stay when you renew your visa or apply for the F5 visa(permanent resident visa) and Korean citizenship.

  • August 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM

    Of course your record of overstaying in Korea will affect your application for f6-1 visa. Aside from that, immigration officials will probably have doubts on the legality and purpose of your marriage with a Korean citizen because of your previous record. BUT, if you really care for your Korean girlfriend you will still go through all the process even if there's a possibility that you will have a hard time processing your visa.

  • August 19, 2013 at 3:45 AM
    Anonymous :

    Hello, im a filipina. My concern was about my citizenship. I got my korean citizen last 2010 march. And according to ur blog i need to do an oath to become dual. Am i right? By the way i understood my self as dual citizen already since the immigration officer adviced that i can become dual effective 2010. My korean citizenship application approved 2009, so we processed it in the year 2010. So i was just worried maybe later on problems will arise and my korean citizenship will be abolished. What advice can u give me ? Thanks alot.

  • August 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM

    As a dual citizen of Korea and the Philippines, the rule are a Korean citizen in Korea and a Filipino citizen in the Philippines.You don't practice your foreign citizenship in your country of residence or the country where you are currently staying. I don't understand what kind of problem are you talking about

  • September 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    Anonymous :

    Hello ms. Cher just want to ask something about my situation. Year 2007 i went to korea in my real name then nag run away ako so napadeport aq pbalik ng phils. Then ng change name ako pabalik korea. May korean bf ako ngpakasal kami gamit ung change name q ano dpat kong gawin nkaregister ung kasal namin jan sa city hall.. Plan q na bumalik gamit ung real name ko tlaga. At magpakasal kami. Makakabalik pa ba ako mabibgyan pa ba ako ng chance ng immigration na mgkaroon ng visa? Please i need some info anong first step kong dapat gawin?

  • September 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    Anonymous :

    Gusto ko na kasing makabalik jan. Ilang years akong mghhntay para makabalik sa korea? If magpapakasal kami dito sa pilipinas may possible ba na makapunta ako ulit dun. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you

  • September 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM

    Hi.good am.ask ko lang po what requirements pag nagpa change visa from f2 to f6. Widowed po ako at my isang anak.Korean citizen po xia at kami lang dalawa ang magkasama.and pwede ba mag apply nito kahit next year February pa expired? Thank u

  • September 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM
    Anonymous :

    Ms. Cher please email ur response at

  • September 27, 2013 at 12:05 AM

    Hello, I´m a spanish asking for a F-6-1 visa. Does somebody know if i can work as a freelancer with this visa???
    Thank you all.

  • October 1, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    Anonymous :

    hello Ms. Cher

    i will apply spouse visa by next month, i saw the sample application form tapos yong #26.PURPOSE OF ENTRY...ano po ba ang dapat or effective na pwedeng isagot?? please help naman po,,,thank u

  • October 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi po im tin2x good day to u po...

    Ask lng po ako f possible po ba na tourist visa po muna ung kukunin q 1st n pg ok po kmi sa korea so ung tourist visa ko change nlng po ng spouse visa pwde pobang i process nalang jan sa korea my situation kc 4yrs npo kme married ng hubby ko n my 1 bb npo kmi n dto npo kmi nkatira but un ngapo lyk nya punta kmi sa korea po.plz plz plz reply po kau in my situation po.....
    Tnx godblesa

  • October 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    Anonymous :

    I heard that Foreigners have to take the TOPIK for an F6 visa. Is this true?

    I met my fiance 2 years ago in seoul. I came home to finish my masters and he is studying in Europe. We want to get married but by the time we actually do it, it will be the beginning of the year when they may require the TOPIK. IF this is true, is there anyway round the language test? I am learning the language, I just feel stressed and pressure if my F6 is riding on weather I pass a test or not.

  • October 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    Diane :

    Good morning everyone..My name is Diane. I was divorce with a korean national.My question is Can i still get my korean citizenship? Were married for four years and I applied Korean citizenship last year and its about a year and half but we are divorce now..As of now I am a F6-1 holder,!Is there any way I can get my korean citizenship?..Thank you ahead..

  • November 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hello can you please give me an advice. im just curius regarding ny visa. im a f6 visa and my husband wants a dvorse and he wants to cancel my visa and send me back to phil. im very curius if can do it because he realy insist it . is it possible ? sinse i run away from home 2 months past because of his family . please gve me an advise

  • November 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    Anonymous :

    Good day..
    If you have already a f1 visa and ur already in korea can i process my f6 visa in korea? Kc i dont want napo to leave the country... Pwde pobang don nlng aq process sa spousal visa ko po?... Plz po reply kau tnx godblesa

  • November 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi po, Ask ko lang po sana kong magkahiwalay po yong pag apply ng dual citizenship, dko po ksi nasabi sa korean immigration na gusto ko magdual pero approved npo korean nationality ko...pano po ba ako maging dual citizen ..?kelangan ko pa po ba iapply ung pagiging pinoy citizen ko sa PH embassy dto sa Seoul?thanks po!
    Call me shae nlang po!

  • November 14, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi, Ms. Cher just wanna ask something do i need to apply F5 visa even if am already korean citizen?

  • November 14, 2013 at 7:22 PM
  • November 29, 2013 at 5:51 PM
    Anonymous :

    Mam i just want to ask because i am so confused i was a single mother of one year old son before i get married with korean man. now i already have f6 Visa and my husband family wants me to bring my baby when i go to korea..what do i need to birth certificate ng anak ko walang father na nkadeclare at surname ko nung single ako ang apelyido nya..what kind of visa do i need for my baby..please help ayaw na namin magkaron ng another baby we have decided na palakihin na lang yung anak ko sa pinoy. What are the documents that i need

  • December 1, 2013 at 1:49 AM
    Anonymous :

    Hi miss cher

    I need some advice, im already divorce in my korean husband but he divorced me without my consent or my approval thats why i went to multicultural family center ( tamunha ) to have some advice or help bcoz im worried about my visa it will expire soon this coming Dec. 27 2013 and i have been staying here in korea for almost 4 years and a half turning 5 years on Dec.27 next mont this year my visa is f2-1 and im not a korean citizen inshort im still a foreigner i just wanna ask if i can apply f5 visa permanent resident even im divorced i only have few weeks to renew my visa...pls i need your advice

  • December 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    Anonymous :

    hi cher

    I need some advice.married po ako dati ng Korean pero 8yrs divorce na kami tapos nag asawa po ako ng Pilipino may dalawa na po kaming anak at mga anak ko ay Korean citizen narin.nerihistro ko narin po ang asawa ko dto sa korea kaya kasama sya sa family censos.ngayon po gusto ko syang inbitahan dto sa korea ano po ang mga kailangan kung mga document.pls.waiting your advice.

  • December 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

    @ rose cristobal: sorry for the reply, if you have a child with your korean husband and you are still the legal guardian (meaning you have the custody of your child) it is possible to renew your visa even without your husband's sponsorship...please consult the immigration about this matter

    @byounzhel: if your annulment is already final that will be the only time you can marry your korean bf and apply for a visa afterwards. please check my post on the requirements for a spousal visa now called F6 visa.

  • December 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM

    @anonymous september 8,2013: first and foremost you should have used your real name upon reentry to korea...your desire to use your real name to come back to korea will only put your visa and the legality of your marriage in danger. since you used fake documents (regarding change of name) all your legal transactions will be considered null and void plus you might even be arrested for not using your real name.

  • December 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM

    @el jhei: you can renew your visa and even apply for korean citizenship because you have the custody and you are the legal guardian of your minor korean child.

  • December 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM

    @rocio: with your f6 visa you are entitled to work and receive benefits like any korean national can.

  • December 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM

    @anonymous october 1,2013: purpose of entry: to live with your korean husband and take residence in korea.

  • December 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM

    @anonymous october 22, 2013: yes it's possible to apply for a tourist visa first and change it into spouse visa later on. However, since you will go thru the same process and you will need the same documents(you will need the sponsorship of your korean husband to do so)i advise you to apply for the spouse visa instead.

  • December 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM

    @anonymous: yes it's true...future applicants of the f6 visa will have to pass a certain level of TOPIK before their visa could be granted. BUT, the TOPIK requirement for f6 vusa holders has not been implemented yet. believe me or not whether there is a TOPIK test or not, learning Korean before coming to Korea is absolutely NECESSARY for anyone marrying a Korea if you don't want to get lost in translation most of the time.

  • December 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM

    @diane: that could be possible but i suggest you dont rely on it, your application for f6 visa and f5 visa, and korean citizenship all requires you to be married to your korean husband...unless you had a minor child with your korean husband and you have the custody of your child i dont think you could pass the citizenship process that easy if you're already divorced.

  • December 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM

    @anonymous november 4, 2013: since your f6 visa is dependent on your marriage with your korean husband...having a divorce will put the renewal of your visa at you mentioned that you ran away from home?immigration officials might consider that a sign of marriage for convenience.

  • December 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM

    @anonymous november 9, 2013: when you renew your f2-1 visa immigration officials will automatically change it into f6visa, you dont have to go back home to renew your visa....just be sure you have all the requirements ready

  • December 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

    @anonymous november 14, 2013 SHAE: when you process the documents needed for your korean citizenship there will be a paper in which you will sign that states that you will not give up your current citizenship and opting for dual citizenship....all you have to do is to sign it and it's need to apply in the philippine embassy to retain your philippine citizenship. please check my post on the road to korean citizenship

  • December 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM

    @anonymous november 29, 2013: your korean husband will have to legally adopt your baby. after the adoption process your baby will apply for his korean citizenship. please tell your husband to consult a lawyer regarding legal adoption.

  • December 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM

    @anonymous: if your divorce is already FINAL and confirmed renewal of your visa or applying for f5 visa will be difficult for you.

  • December 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM

    @anonymous december 3, 2013: all you have to do is apply for a f6 visa for your husband. gather all the requirements needed and process the application.

  • December 8, 2013 at 2:46 AM
    Anonymous :

    hi ms.cher i got my korean citizen. pero nag aaway ksmi ng asawa ko palagi nya sinabi na cancel nya korean citizen ko.kaya itatanong ko po sa inyo kng talaga po ma cancel ng asawa ko po yung korean citizen ko po? maraming salamat pi

  • December 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM

    @anonymous: your husband no longer doesn't have the ability to cancel your citizenship or even report you to the immigration officials because you are now legally a korean citizen...all his threats are baseless. only the korean government is capable of taking away your citizenship! The government can take away your citizenship if you are proven to be a traitor of the country and if you use your foreign citizenship in Korea(in case you are a dual citizen)

  • December 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM

    Hi po, ask ko po sana kung pwede ako sa korea na po mag'apply ng spouse visa or f6-1.. ?

  • December 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    Anonymous :

    Hi I am a filipino married to a Canadian national he's currently working in Korea but the company cannot guarantee that he'd be working there for a long time so he currently have a C34 visa I've been to Korea twice on a tourist visa and I have to come back every 3 months to renew my visa is there any other way that I can come there for a longer stay and what if we are planning to have a baby will they need to get the same visa type as ours.

  • January 5, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    Anonymous :


    My husband wont divorce me. He said to me I have to pay him 10,000,000₩. If I get my own lawyer will I still have to pay him that money? He has abused me before in the past and I hit him too but in self defense. Ive wanted divorce for over a year now, I dont live with him anymore I found someone else and also my F6 visa expires in march. What can I do?

  • January 7, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    Anonymous :

    Helo ur info was a veri big help. but can i ask more. kasi po hindi ko na po hinihingi sa asawa ko na irenew nya visa ko. kahit po ba sa reason na ran away ako di po ba makakansel visa ko? na hihintayin nya pa ang expiration date .nito? till now pinaprocess pa rin po divorse namin ng asawa ko. i have my reasons kaya ako umalis ng bahay and i admit hindi iyon ganun kabigat. . untill now ayaw ko po pirmahan ang dvorse nmin dahil natatakot ako sa magiging sitwaxon ng visa ko. at ayaw din po i grant basta2 ng korte ang dvirse nmin mag asawa dahil sa not enough reasons dw. pls gve me advise po.

  • January 15, 2014 at 2:16 PM

    Hello ate matanong ko lang sayo kc nabasa ko ung questions mo sa site na to. Nka renew ka ba ng visa mo same sitwasyon kv tayo.

  • January 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM

    Helloo po

    Matanong ko lang kung pwede po ako makapag renew ng aking visa sa march na kc ang expiration spouse visa po ako hindi ko ksama asawa ko kc uniwanan ko siya.Ayaw niya din naman kasi maghiwalay kame nakiusap ako na permahan niya ang divorce papers nganon parin ayaw niya hanggang iniwanan ko na siya ..alam ko maliit na dahilan lang ito ngunit kailangan ko malaman kc napaka importante sa akin ito. Maari po ba ako mag renew ng aking visa? Posible po ba? Kasi sabi ng dati kong asawa kapag ipagpilit ko na mkipaghiealay sa kanya at ako iyong may gusto na makipagdivorce totoo po ba na magbayad ako sa kanya?? At sa kaling ipagpatuloy ko ang pag asikaso ko ng divorce wala oo bang may mangyayari sa akin kasi kasal oa po ako ngunit maykinakasama na ako ngayon sa bahay..maari po ba ako makulong o iba pa man.

    Reply ne as soon as possible and contact me by my email

    I reallly need your advice because I really want to stay here

  • January 15, 2014 at 2:50 PM

    F6 holder po ako'

    at tsaka no po ba kaibahan ng f2 at f6?

  • January 15, 2014 at 4:45 PM

    Yes that's possible...but you still have to apply for a tourist visa to be able to come to Korea

  • January 15, 2014 at 4:46 PM

    The type of visa you get depends on the type of visa your husband possess

  • January 15, 2014 at 4:50 PM

    You have to prove in court that your husband abused you...if you are a Filipino citizen you cannot file for divorce because there's no divorce in the Philippines....only your Korean husband can file for divorce. Please consult a lawyer and be sure to have an interpreter everytime you consult with the lawyer and your husband. Your visa sponsorship depends on the legality of your marriage with your husband.

  • January 15, 2014 at 4:56 PM

    Ang validity ng iyong visa ay nkdepende sa legality ng iyong marriage sa Korean husband. Since ikaw ay isang Filipino citizen hindi ka maaaring mkpgfile ng divorce dahil walang divorce sa Pilipinas. Tanging ang asawa mong Koreano ang mkkpgfile ng divorce. Kung sakaling mapprove ang divorce nyo kailangan mo iprecognize sa korte sa Pilipinas ang divorce papers mo pra masabing ikaw ay malaya na sa asawa mong Koreano. Sa issue ng panibago mong kinakasama...tama ka maaari kang makulong pati na ang iyong kinakasama kung sakaling kasuhan kayo ng iyong asawa mong Koreano ng adultery/concubinage, or kung sabihin nya sa korte na ikaw ay nangaliwa kaya ka nkkipagdiborsyo sa kanya.

  • January 15, 2014 at 4:57 PM

    Ang twag sa dating spouse visa ay F2-1 visa....nirevise lang ito recently at tinawag na F6 visa.

  • January 15, 2014 at 4:59 PM

    *F6-1 visa can no longer be cancelled by the sponsoring Korean spouse prior to the visa's expiration date. In some cases of abuse of foreigners married to Koreans, the marriage immigrant endures all the abuse just to stay LEGALLY in Korea because the former F2-1 visa was very dependent on the Korean spouse's sponsorship. The introduction of the new F6-1 visa protects the marriage immigrant from more abuse/threat due to fear of being deported out of Korea any time their Korean half felt like doing so.

    *The F6-1 visa ALSO allows the foreign spouse to stay in Korea LEGALLY even if the marital life was cut short due to sudden death/disappearance of the Korean spouse.

  • This comment has been removed by the author.
  • January 15, 2014 at 6:30 PM

    Tungkol sa asikaso ng divorce dito po niyan sa ibig sabhin dahil filipina ako hindi ako pwde mag file ng divorce dito?? MAARI po bang sakaling hindi ako makapag dvorce dahil nga alam ng dati kung asawa na may kinkasama na ako pwde po bang makapag file ako ng annulment sa pinas?


  • January 15, 2014 at 9:32 PM

    Oo tama bilang Filipino citizen hindi ka mkkpgfile ng divorce sa Korea....ang asawa mong Korean lang ang pwede g mgfile/initiate ng divorce. Pero kung ikaw ay isa ng Korean citizen mabibigyan ka na ng pagkakataon na mgfile ng divorce dahilMmasasaklaw ka na ng Korean family law. Tungkol naman sa annulment, maaari mo rin sigurong gawin yan pero dapat mo isipin kung anong reasons mo iffile ang annulment at kung willing bang mgcooperate ang Korean husband mo sa pgfile ng annulment(kung magfile ka ng annulment sa Pinas kailangan mo pa rin ang consent at cooperation ng Korean husband mo)...kung ako sa iyo mgconsult ka ng lawyer sa Pinas at dito sa Korea para malaman mo ang mas makakabuti sa iyo.

  • January 16, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    Anonymous :

    hindi pa. di pa kc expired visa ko

  • January 20, 2014 at 3:08 PM

    Hello. I am married to korean last May 2013. And may plan na kmeng magstay sa korea. Kinakabahan po kc ko to get spouse visa kc freelancer po sya sa korea kc ngresign po sya sa work nia dito sa philippines. And may baby po kme 4 months old, mas ok po ba na to get spouse or tourist visa na lang po. Kelangan ko pa po ba ng statement of account ko sa bangko?or yun asawa ko kc wala naman po akong work. Naregister na po nia kme sa korea so kung spouse visa po automatic kasama ko na din po baby nmin kapag naaprrove?

  • January 22, 2014 at 2:40 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi po,,

    Housewife lang po ako and ung husband ko po is currently working in korea. Pero Filipino din po sya, ask ko lang po if ano po ang dpat ko i-submit for tourist visa. wala po ako work kaya di ako mkkapag-submit ng COE.. need ko din po ba i-submit ung mga papers ng asawa ko? like contract, passport at visa nya? gusto n po kc namin magka-baby, kaso nung umuwi sya d2 ng xmas vacation wla pong nabuo.. tnx po..

  • January 23, 2014 at 8:14 AM

    If your marriage was already registered in Korea and your marriage is not just a marriage for convenience, you have no reason to be worried. Your child is autmatically a dual citizen, your child can possess both Filipino and Korean passports.

  • January 24, 2014 at 4:42 PM
    May :

    Hi Miss Che
    I'm May, Can u help to do such spouse requirements? I was married to a korean national last october.
    I want to retain my maiden name, tapos pgkukuha ba ako ng nbi ang isusulat po is married or single?
    For medical examination po, saan po ako kukuha ng format of medical examination?
    For CFO, ano ang kailangan para makakuha ng CFO certificate.?

    This is my email address:
    just send here your adviced . thank you so much..

  • January 25, 2014 at 8:28 PM

    Hi miss Cher,
    Ask lng po, pgproprocess kana ng spouse visa, may interview parin ba kagaya nong sa legal capacity?

    Thank you!

  • January 26, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    yumi :

    Hi miss cher. Ask lng po sana ako kasi touristvisa ako nung pumunta ng korea tapos na.extend ako at ngng f1 at ngayon f6 visa na kase kasal nako sa korean husband ko. Plan ko sana umuwi ng pinas with my husband and anak nmin para mgbakasyon.

    The question is kailangan ko pa po ba mg.CFO? Khit dto ako sa korea ngchange visa?di po ba akk mhaharang sa imigg sa pinas? Hope u could answer me po.

  • January 28, 2014 at 10:34 PM

  • January 28, 2014 at 10:37 PM

    You have an option to retain your maiden name after marriage, your status as married or single can be reflected in your nso certified marriage certificate and passport. No idea about the CFO and medical examination.

  • January 28, 2014 at 10:38 PM
  • January 28, 2014 at 10:43 PM

    No need for CFO because you got married here in Korea. But to be sure please bring a copy of your korean marriage certificate with a translated copy in english and please bring your Korean ARC card.

  • February 9, 2014 at 11:54 PM

    good evening ms.chef
    tanong ko lang po kung ano ba itsura ng invition letters? ska ok lang po bang gamitin ko ang apelyido ko sa mga requirments ko kahit kasal na kame ng asawa ko? salamat po
    eto po email add q
    sna po matulungan nyo kame

  • February 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM

    Please check the link below

    If you are not yet a Korean citizen it will be better to use your husband's name in the invitation letter instead of your name. For the other requirements, it's always better to use the name indicated in your passport or Korean ARC.

  • February 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM

    slamat po ms. chef, bago lang po kasi kame kinasal ng asawa ko at ngaun po nasa korea na sya ako d2 pa sa pinas. nagkaproblema po kasi sa medical q pede po kayang magpamedical ulit ako ngayon kahit sinabi ng doctor na maghintay pa ako ng 6 months. ?? ska po ung mga papers ko pa dpa ko ipadala sa asawa ko pra itranslate sa korea o pede na?slmat po pasenxa na sa kakulitan ko..

  • February 19, 2014 at 11:12 PM

    , hello .. gud eve , need some advice po ms. chef , sana matulungan nyo po ako . gus2 ko lang po malaman , if may pagkakataon pa pu bang makabalik ng korea as a tourist kahit divorce na ? f6-1 holder po ako dati. pls responce po . salamat po .

  • February 20, 2014 at 9:50 AM

    Ay F6-1 visa pala ang concern mo...follow the requirements stated by the Korean embassy in the Philippines, since sa Korean embassy sa Pinas mo issubmit yan there's no need to translate your documents

  • February 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM

    Kung wala naman naging problema sa F6-1 visa mo dati (all your documents were valid and the marriage/divorce was valid) wala nman cgro magiging problema if you apply for a tourist visa BUT it all depends on how the Korean consul will process your application for a tourist visa (meaning if the consul thinks that your travel to Korea has a valid reason and if you can submit the documents required).

  • February 21, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    Anonymous :

    hi i am holding f6 visa korean spouse happaned to marry again in canada becaus eof family tradition now i have spouse in korea and canada how i can extend my f6 visa

  • March 10, 2014 at 8:18 PM
    janeth :

    _hellow peoh ate Che....
    Married po aqo ng may dlwa peoh kming anak..ngaun peoh ng aaway kmi dahil lng peoh sa maling hinala gusto nia poeh uuwi kmi ng pinas kmi lang ng mga anak ko...kasi sabi nia peoh pag once na lalapit siya sa immigration ipapacut na daw peoh nia ung visa ko peoh ..f-2-1 .at 2016 pa peoh ung expiration nia...tanung ko lng peoh maipapacut nia po bah tlgah ung visa kung sakaling uuwi aqo ng pinas...????PLEASE PEOH....


  • March 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM

    *According to the NEW visa rule, F6-1 visa can no longer be cancelled by the sponsoring Korean spouse prior to the visa's expiration date. Please read the details in my blog post above for further details.

  • March 20, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    Anonymous :

    Please help me...takas poh ako sa aswa kong korean...pero nagfile na sya ng devorce...pwde poh ba ang amo ko ang magsponsor ng visa ko..f6 Poh ang hawak ko ngaun at matatapos na this coming june 2014..

    please reply

  • March 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM

    hello po

    ask ko lng po kung meron problema s medical makakaalis po ba ako paunta korea?

  • March 25, 2014 at 12:45 AM

    Hey I have an f-6 visa but it expired almost 2 years ago. Since then I have been living abroad in other countries.
    My wife and I are divorced in korea and she nolonger lives there.
    I am a Canadian citizen and I wonder if it's still possible to renew the visa even after all this time. Is there a cut off date for when it expires and I can't renew anymore?
    You can email me at

  • March 25, 2014 at 8:18 PM

    If your visa expired and you're already divorced....I don't think you will be eligible to get F6 visa.

  • March 25, 2014 at 8:19 PM
  • March 26, 2014 at 8:12 PM

    I have an f6 visa. It's just expired.
    Can I renew it eventhough It expired 2 years ago?

  • March 26, 2014 at 9:08 PM

    The answer is NO. You have mentioned that you're already divorced with your Korean wife so you are no longer eligible to apply or renew your F6visa. F6 visa is for those who are CURRENTLY married to a Korea national.

  • March 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hello miss cher.i'm filipina married to a korean..i have one plan q after i acquire a dual citizenship i wanna divorce.ask ko po what is the better way.mkipgdivorce po ba kc sa tingin q hndi nla aq papayagn na it better to run away with my child pg nkuha q na korean citizenship q?.i was planning knwari uwi kmi pinas then pgkauwi fly kmi ng you know how long can a naturalized korean citizen stay in europe or canada?.bt i'm afraid they will run after my child..pls help me po i really need an advice to clear my mind..

  • March 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hello miss cher..i just fount out about your blog.i'm a filipina married to a korean..what if i acquire my dual citizenship do you know how long can i stay in europe using my korean passport?.is it better to divorce or run away with my child?.knwari uwi kmi ng pinas bt pguwi fly kmi agad ng anak ko sa euroe..bka kc sundan nla kmi pg sa pinas kmi uwi..pls reply po i really need consultation so i can clear my mind and make the decision well..

  • April 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi Cher,

    I saw your blog and I hope you can help me with this inquiry.

    I am a Filipino living in Singapore and I am married to a Korean. We got married in Singapore and have Singapore marriage certificate, our marriage has also been reported to Philippines Embassy here and we are also planning to register the marriage in Korea.

    I would like to ask if we can process my Spouse Visa in Korea since we are already planning to move to Korea on August. I am confused because when I made inquiries some said it can only be processed in my home country and some said we can process it in Korea. We also sought help from Korean Embassy here in Singapore but they seemed not sure about the process as well and wasn't very helpful.

    I hope you can give me some advise.

    Thank you,

  • April 23, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi maam pwede magtanong F6 visa po ako at magdedevorse po kami ng pinay korean citizen pwede poba ito mairenew ko pag expired ng visa ko

  • April 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM
    Anonymous :

    Ibig sabihin maam hindi pla mairenew kpg devorse kna sa korean citizen like F6 visa

  • April 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM
    Anonymous :

    Pero maam kung irenew ako ulit ng korean citizen pwede paba irenew khit devorse na kami

  • April 26, 2014 at 8:11 AM
  • April 26, 2014 at 8:13 AM

    Once you get divorced and your F6 visa expires your visa will not be renewed anymore. Even if your Filipina Korean Citizen wife offers to renew it after your divorce, renewal will be impossible.

  • April 26, 2014 at 8:15 AM

    Sorry no idea, you should inquire about period of stay for Korean citizens with the embassy of the particular European country you want to go to.

  • April 26, 2014 at 8:18 AM

    Once you get divorced and your F6 visa expires your visa will not be renewed anymore. Even if your if the Korean Citizen offers to renew it after your divorce, renewal will be impossible.

  • April 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM

    You can stay in Korea until your F6 visa is valid and not expired even if you get divorced. But once your visa expires renewal is no longer a possibility. No idea about working visa.

  • April 27, 2014 at 8:32 PM
    Anonymous :

    For example.. magrenew kami ngaun june at mg dedevorse kami ng august din next renew pwede ba ulit sya mgrenew saakin???? Plss rply me...

  • April 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM
    Anonymous :

    For example maam mgrenew kami ngaun june at magdedevorse kami sa August pwede po ba ulit nya ako irenew nxt renewal ng visa ko give me a idea...

  • April 27, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    Anonymous :

    Maam my ask po ako khit po ba devorse n kami ng korean citizen f6 visa pwede ko po ba iuwi ito???? Wala kyang prblema sa immigration papasok dto plsss give me an idea

  • May 13, 2014 at 3:04 PM

    HI Cher,

    First thank you for putting on line and maintaining this blog that is very helpful to people like myself ! You have also been answering all questions since 2012 on this specific topic and that is just amazing.

    Allow me now to give you a real complicated situation, which is mine. I am a Lebanese married to a Korean lady since 2012, we got married in Cyprus (civil marriage)and her son from a previous marriage is living with us in Dubai.

    I am trying to find some way to get myself a long term visa or become naturalized Korean and i simply don;t know where to start. What i do know, is that our marriage is registered in Korea. My step-son who is 9 years is totally and completely under my responsibility but their is no adoption yet.

    Can you please bay step me on how i could apply for the F6, F2 Or maybe the F5 ...(quite confusing for me). Many thanks

  • May 14, 2014 at 6:22 PM

    If your marriage was registered in Korea then you already have the first step. Next thing you have to do is ask your wife to get the necessary documents from Korea(maybe her relatives could send it) and then apply for your F6 visa from the embassy of Korea in Dubai. I have to remind you that having the F6 visa allows you to work and live in Korea. After getting your F6 visa and you are still interested to become a naturalized Korean , you would have to reside in Korea continuously for 2 years, study Korean language and be good at it, be familiar with Korean culture and history. After the 2 years, you can now apply for Korean citizenship.

    Now with your stepson...your stepson is registered under his father's family register (if your wife married him) or his mother's family register (if she was single and never married the father of your stepson) technically under Korean law you are not seen as legal guardian even if you have been taking care of him for the past years. If you plan to adopt him you should consult a lawyer in Korea.

  • May 15, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    Anonymous :

    hi mam cher,ask ko lang po..married napo aq me baby na kme.3 yrs na akong tnt dito sa korea,posible po ba mavisahan pa din aq ng f6 dito?

  • June 2, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    Anonymous :

    hello poh gud morning..ask ko.poh sna kng need b tlga ng certificate of employment ang filipina pag ngpunta sa interview kasama ng fiancee para kumuha ng legal capacity ng mappngasawa pno poh wla nmn.poh aq wrk ngayon and isa pa last year pko ntpos eh sa work ko at ang work ko dati is sa korea

  • June 7, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    chariza :

    Hi ms . Cher
    Nagkaroon po ako ng relasyon korean citezen at kasal po cya sa korean girl national.kami po ng korean citezen na karelasyon ko ay may 2yr old son gusto daw po nya bigyan ng good future yung anak namin kaya ipinagtapat po nya sa asawa nya napagkasunduan po nila na I-adopt and anak namin pero po sbi nla wag daw po ako magalala di daw po nla kukunin ang anak ko gusto lang daw po nila magkaroon ng good future ang anak nmin(illegal wife po ako)(wala po cla anak ng legal wife nya).ask ko lang po how if pumayag ako na I-adopt nila ang baby namin meron pa rin po ba akong rights sa anak ko? At makakapag travel pa po ba kami sa ibang bansa khit na phil passport hawak ko at korean passport po ung sa anak ko ng magkasama.pls help me po.iniisip ko po kasi na my rights din po ang anak ko sa bussiness ng tatay nyang korean citezen ksi wala nmn po kc cla anak ng korean girl national.

  • June 8, 2014 at 6:35 AM

    The moment na pumayag ka na iadopt ang anak mo sa Korean citizen bf mo mawawalan ka ng legal na karapatan sa bata dahil ang kikilalanin na magulang ng bata ay sila na at hindi na ikaw. Lahat ng desisyon tungkol sa bata ay kailangan na manggaling sa kanila dahil sila na ang magiging legal na magulang ng anak mo.

  • June 8, 2014 at 6:42 AM

    Tungkol naman sa pagtravel mo kasama ang bata once na madopt na sya....mahihirapan ka ng mgtravel kasama ang bata dahil hindi na ikaw ang legal na magulang ng menor de edad na bata....kung sakaling mkpgtravel ka man kasama ang bata kinakailangan mong kumuha ng permiso mula sa adoptive parents nya sa tuwing mgttravel kayo. Sa tingin ko mukhang imposible na hindi nila kunin ang bata sa iyo matapos nila ito iadopt. Bakit pa nila aampunin ang anak mo kung hindi naman nila makakasama lalo na at wala pa silang anak. Maaaring mabigyan ng mabuting future ang anak mo kapag madopt sya ngunit lahat ng karapatan na legal ay mawawala sa iyo kapag nangyari yan.

  • June 12, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    Anonymous :

    mam ask ko lang po..3 yrs nako tnt dito,pero married na sa korean at me baby na kme 2 yrs old..pwede po ba na magpenalty nalang at ndi na uuwi?salamat mam

  • June 24, 2014 at 4:01 AM

    It's good that the foreign spouse now has more protection.

  • July 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi. Great information po really helpful..hope you can help me also..i had a korean boyfriend we stayed together here now in pilippines..since 3 years na kame finally i got pregnant na. 5 months and 2 weeks na ang baby my boyfriend and i decided of getting married bago lumabas c what do we need to get married in korean embassy. And were planning to go visit korea sometimes so i need to get visa...please help me..

  • July 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM
    Anonymous :

    Monique ....july 10, 2014 at 11.37am

    Hi gudpm ms.cher
    Ask ko lang po when u get married in korea and applying spouse visa there hindi na po ba kilangan ang medical...thx po.and hoping that ur answer godbless u#

  • July 11, 2014 at 12:52 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi good afternoon ms cher,
    Ask ko lang po if we can get married in korean with my korean bf can we applying spouse visa in korea and they don't need medical?
    Thankz for answering my questions^^GODBLESS^^

  • July 23, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    Anonymous :

    Hi po. Need lang po ng advice. Manganganak na ako ngayong August pero yong asawa kong korean parang nag-aalinlangan ata sya na i.extend ang alien card ko. Kasi August din ang expiration ng alien card ko. Almost a year na kaming hindi nagkikibuan at nag-uusap ng harap-harapan kahit nakatira kami sa isang bahay. Sa chat ko lang siya kinakausap dahil sobrang tahimik nya na parang ayaw niya ako kausapin. Hindi kami nagkasundo noong nalaman niya na buntis ako at gusto niya ipa.abort tong anak namin pero ayoko dahil sa Catholic ako at syempre walang kasalanan ang bata sa mga rason niya.. ngayong palabas na ang anak namin may nakapagsabi sakin na hindi dw i.extend ang visa ko at i.deport ako sa pinas na hindi kasama ang anak ko. Nag-alala na po ako kasi malapit na ang August pero hindi ko pa alam kung i.extend nya.. Well,ang tanong ko po pala madedeport po ba ako sakaling di niya i.extend? Kahit may anak ako na korean? ANO po dapat kong gawin para makapag .stay kong sakaling ayaw niya talaga.
    Thanks sa pagbasa.

  • July 24, 2014 at 4:53 PM

    Malamang puwiin ka ng immigration wala pa akong narinig na tnt na ngpenalty na lang. Sana inayos mo kagad ang visa mo nang magpakasal ka sa Korean.

  • July 24, 2014 at 4:54 PM
  • July 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM

    Sorry I'm not sure about the recent medical requirement, hindi ko alam kung applicable ba yun kahit dito ikasal sa Korea. When I got married in Korea 8 years ago, it was not even a requirement...but that was 8 years ago maraming requirements ang nabago regardless kung saan ikinasal.

  • July 24, 2014 at 5:02 PM

    Mas mabuting lumapit ka sa pinakamalapit na damunhwa center para matulungan ka nila sa problema mo. Sa tingin ko maaaring makakuha ka ng extension ng visa mo dahil meron kang menor de edad na anak sa isang Koreano. Pero kinakailangan na mairehistro muna ang bata sa dongsamuso at makita sa birth certificatr ng bata na ikaw ang ina.

  • July 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM
    Anonymous :

    Maparehistro ko po ba yun na mag-isa kahit hawak na alien card ko ay expired na? Sa time na yun... ?

  • August 1, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    xhey :

    hi cher! ask ko lang, naikasal aq sa asawa kong korean last 2010, pero unfortunately 1yr lang itinagal ng marriage namin. that year nkatira na q sa korea, pero dec 2011 bumalik aq sa pinas and hindi na bumalik magpasa hanggang ngaun. this year lang dumalaw asawa ko dito pero di kmi nkpagusap ng matanggal. gusto q bumalik ng korea pero dahil expired na nga ung f2 visa ko, hindi q alam qng anu kakailanganin q para mkabalik dun. hindi pa kmi officially divorce nor annuled ng asawa ko, pero wala na kming commitment sa isat isa. he has its own life dito sa pinas at ganun din aq. anu mga requirements para mkabalik aq sa korea qng expired ng f2 visa ko for 4yrs? please.

  • August 11, 2014 at 1:11 AM

    Hi po ask ko lng after cfo and nag apply visa f6 ilan months po b marelease un visa if mbibigyan ka

  • August 14, 2014 at 6:29 PM
    che :

    Hello po may tatanung lang sana ko na denied po ang visa ko nitong lang sa kadahilanang two times divorce ang asawa ko and meron record ang asawa ko sa police clearance niya before mag 5years na.. na denied po ang visa ko dahil sa mga dahilan na un ang sabi ng embassy mag apply na lang ulit kami after 6 months sobrang kinakabahan po ako may pag asa na po kayang ma aaprovan ang visa ko?

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 251   Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment